Free Flu Vaccination Eligibility Criteria
From Friday July 1, 2022 free flu vaccinations will be extended to:
- Children aged 3-12 years
- People with serious mental health or addiction needs.
Free flu vaccinations are already available for a large group of people including:
- Pregnant people
- People aged 65+
- Māori or Pasifika aged 55+
- People with a long list of underlying health conditions
Don’t forget that as long as people are not sick, the flu vaccine and the COVID-19 vaccine can be administered to those eligible at the same time.
Please note that flu vaccinations are still available for those who do not come under the stated eligibility criteria. Please call the clinic at PH 09 418 3832 for any inquiries regarding fees that may apply and to book an appointment.
Second COVID-19 Booster
Second boosters for those at risk of severe illness from COVID-19
- A second booster is recommended for those at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19 – a minimum of 6 months after a first booster.
- For those who are not considered at risk of severe illness from COVID-19, a two-dose primary course and a booster dose provides very good protection against severe illness from COVID-19.
The following people are recommended to receive a second booster as a priority:
- People aged 65+
- Māori and Pasifika peoples aged 50+
- Residents of aged care and disability care facilities
- Severely immunocompromised people who received a three-dose primary course and a fourth dose as a first booster (noting this would be a fifth dose for these people)
- People aged 16 years and over who have a medical condition that increases the risk of severe breakthrough COVID-19 illness
- People aged 16 years and over who live with disability with significant or complex health needs or multiple comorbidities
In addition, a second booster is available for:
- All people aged 50+
- Health, aged care and disability workers aged 30+
These groups can book an appointment for a booster dose through Book My Vaccine from Tuesday June 28, 2022.